Thursday, October 30, 2008

No wonder Tucker Carslon went with the necktie

The last time I dressed up for Haloween was 1994 when I went as Rush Limbaugh. This required wearing a suit and stuffing a pillow under my shirt. These days, I'd need little more than an extra sweatshirt, but that is neither here nor there. I also committed some minor property crimes from a moving vehicle and could have been sues under the tort of battery by some young punks. They couldn't have called it assault, because they didn't see it coming.

Tomorrow I will accompany my son around the neighborhood while he is dressed up like Indiana Jones. So I thought I'd best go as the man on the right:



In assembling this costume, I've found out how hard it is to find a proper vest or bow tie. I've given up on the vest and have given up on my hopes to find a patterned bow tie, instead settling for a shiny black tux-style bow tie that has "prom" written all over it. This really took the option of a bow-tie as a long-term signature look off the table.

Incidentally, I've made a great discovery. Lids used to be the quintessential mall store: strictly for teens, one product, loud music, etc. Today they have, in addition to all those baseball caps, a fine assortment of gentleman's headwear. I scored a hat perfect fitting of the elder Dr. Jones.

No comments: